State Umpires course #1
On Saturday 19th March 2016, a State Umpires Course will be conducted by Maurice Quinn (National Umpire). Affiliates are encouraged to promote the event to their membership. The course will cost all participants $50.00 to cover course documentation, admin and delivery.
The course will be held at Southern Table Tennis (Sports Park Drive, Morphett Vale) commencing at 9.30am and concluding at approximately 4.30pm. The makeup of the day will include:-
- Introduction to officiating (45 min),
- Attend a rules review session (approx 3.0 hours),
- Quick look at sample exam questions (30 min),
- Lunch (free),
- Undertake a yes/no & multiple choice written exam (one hour), and
- Overview follow up activities to complete the qualification & close (30 min)
At a Later Date Following Marking Of The Written Exam:-
- Pass an oral exam (approx 30 to 40 minutes),
- Complete 10 hours of unsupervised umpiring at a tournament / competition,
- Be mentored for a minimum of 4 tournament matches, and
- Be assessed by umpiring in a minimum of 4 tournament matches containing a variety of conditions (i.e. singles, doubles, finals).
Once you have completed the above, you must register with TTSA and payment of $22 with the appropriate paperwork is lodged with TTA for processing. Your accreditation, cloth and metal badges is forwarded shortly thereafter.
If interested in the above, contact……..Maurice Quinn, SATTOC Secretary / Treasurer
Telephone: 08 83819404 or 0411 042 320, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org